These muffins are delicious. The secret(s)? Fresh blueberries and yogurt. Delicious (and nutritious) yogurt.
Seriously, they are so good that the thought of having more in my life got me up out of bed at 6:00 am Sunday morning to bake. And the best part? They are easy. And relatively healthy (minus the brown sugar and the butter, of course).
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Featuring Yogurt
From Taste of Home
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I subbed cinnamon, still delicious)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (or a bit more) fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray (or butter) or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. (Or cool. Whatever.)